In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

 Prompt Response: A time when I felt like I was overthinking something was when I was training over the summer. I kept telling myself that I should be eating certain foods, training for certain hours, sleeping 8+ hours a night ETC. I stressed myself out to the max that I was not getting the love and fulfillment from my sport. I ended up taking about 1 and a half off, and this took a lot for me. But over that week each day I kept getting more and more excited to train again. I learned that I don’t have to always be perfect, I can make mistakes, and I won’t “fail” or “lose everything”.

Summary: Today in class we read “ I felt a funeral in my brain.”

Reflection: I really liked the story. We read it 3 different times, which helped us get a better understanding of the story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.

Prompt: Today, you worked on a PowerPoint presentation based on a character from "The Life You Save May Be Your Own." Do you think creating a presentation like this helps you understand a story and its characters better than a traditional worksheet? Why or why not? Explain your answer.

Write about a fear you have overcome.