Prompt: In “Heart, We Will Forget Him!” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker shows a conflict between what we think and what we feel. Describe a time when your heart and your mind seemed to want two different things. Which one did you listen to, and why?

 Prompt Response: I remember that my heart and mind wanted two different things. My heart wanted me to buy clothes. But my mind knew that I needed to save and spend it on more important things. All I wanted was more shirts and shoes, and I also needed to buy parts for my car. The car was obviously more important than some new clothes that I absolutely didn’t need. In the end I did in fact listen to my mind because I knew it was the right thing to do.

Summary: Today in class we did a packet on our hearts and our minds.

Reflection: I learned that we can use different colors to symbolize our feelings. We also used imagery to help our logic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.

Prompt: Today, you worked on a PowerPoint presentation based on a character from "The Life You Save May Be Your Own." Do you think creating a presentation like this helps you understand a story and its characters better than a traditional worksheet? Why or why not? Explain your answer.

Write about a fear you have overcome.