Prompt: In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?
Prompt Response: When I think of a person whos left a lasting impact on my life, I think of my grandma. She basically raised me with my mom. When my mom would be working she would take me to bookstores, to get food, and she would help me with my homework. I remember she would always make me do my multiplication tables. I would always dread it and complain. Now when I think about it I deeply appreciate her doing that, I can fully say now that I know my times tables. I carry her through my life because I want to do the same things with my kids that she did with me.
Summary: Today we did a worksheet on our minds and hearts. Also a common lit assignment.
Reflection: I learned how I drew out different symbols on my paper from my heart and mind. I did happier symbols on the heart and darker/sad on the mind.
Comments
Post a Comment