Today, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality. Use specific examples. For example, what do your actions reveal about you? What does the way you speak reveal? How do you affect others? What might your thoughts or appearance communicate about who you are?

 September 17th

Prompt Response: Speech- I talk a lot and joke around with my friends. This shows I’m pretty outgoing and like having fun.

Thoughts- I think a lot about my future and what I want to do. I also think about my friends and family a lot, which shows I care about them.

Effects on others- I usually make my friends laugh and try to make people feel included. I like being someone people can talk to.

Actions-I do a lot of sports and try to do good in school. This shows I work hard and like staying busy.

Looks- I usually like to look nice and put together. I think this shows I care about how I look.

I think I’m outgoing, caring, and hardworking, but I also like to have fun.

Summary- Tiday we looked at the board and compared people’s looks and backgrounds.

Reflection- I learned how music can really connect with a certain character.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: The title “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” suggests that helping or protecting another person may also benefit you. Describe a time when helping someone else taught you something, changed your perspective, or made a positive difference in your own life.

Prompt: Today, you worked on a PowerPoint presentation based on a character from "The Life You Save May Be Your Own." Do you think creating a presentation like this helps you understand a story and its characters better than a traditional worksheet? Why or why not? Explain your answer.

Write about a fear you have overcome.